Does your health organization need health equity resources?
In 2019, the AMA created the Center for Health Equity to eliminate health inequities, improve health outcomes, and close disparities gaps. Four years later, healthcare systems and practitioners struggle to operationalize how to make health equity a reality.
On September 13, 2023, Tonya Ladipo, LCSW (CEO, The Ladipo Group), discussed why institutions can no longer wait to prioritize patient health equity in “From Idea to Action – Making Health Equity a Reality.”
In the 45-minute session, she outlines how to implement actionable plans. Watch the session “From Idea to Action – Making Health Equity a Reality”
Health Equity Resources
- AMA’s Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts
- What is Health Equity?
- Social Determinants of Health Equity
- Key Data on Health and Health Care by Race and Ethnicity
- California Compensates Victims of Forced Sterilizations, Many of Them Latinas
- Medical Bondage: Race, Gender, and the Origins of American Gynecology by Deirdre Cooper Owens
- Tuskegee’s Truths: Rethinking the Tuskegee Syphilis Study by Susan M. Reverby
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Facing Federal Probe Over Treatment of Black Mothers
Health Equity Action Plan
Use our actionable checklist below to review your institution’s health equity plan. And then identify one action you can implement and measure for the next quarter.
- ___ Is the problem clearly identified?
- ___ Who is accountable at each step?
- ___ How are historically excluded and the communities most impacted engaged throughout the process?
- ___ What metrics are needed to reach parity?
- ___ What is the timeline for reaching each goal?
- ___ What are the financial resources needed to achieve these goals?
If your organization is looking for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging training or assessments, contact us at https://theladipogroup.com/dei-b-services/.
Is your healthcare organization committed to eliminating health disparities? We’re asking healthcare professionals to share their experiences with workplace policies around equity in healthcare. Take our quick survey to help us understand and serve your industry’s long-term needs.
The Ladipo Group was founded to increase access to Black therapists in Philadelphia and decrease the stigma of mental health treatment. With our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion consulting, we collaborate with national and international organizations and institutions to create equitable spaces and opportunities for Black, Brown, and African Americans to thrive.