Keep a mood journal and check in with your emotions daily. This simple activity allows you to see if there is a pattern to your moods and the length of time associated with a particular mood. Try our Mood Journal to track your mental health.
Instructions on how to user your personal Mood Journal:
- At the top of the page, next to Week of:, write the start and end dates of the week from Monday to the following Sunday.
- Every morning, afternoon, and evening of each day that week, do a check in with how you’re feeling, then check off the corresponding box under the emojis. If the collection of emojis don’t seem to describe your mood accurately, feel free to free write how you’re feeling in the What’s Your Feeling? box.
- Feel free to take general notes in the Notes box below the mood tracker! Talk about your day, how you’re feeling, why you’re feeling that way – whatever you like!
- Rinse and repeat for the whole week! You’re also welcome to duplicate the Mood Journal sheet as much as you like to log your moods for later weeks.
Technical instructions on how to add entries to our Mood Journal:
- Go to File in top left corner then select “Make a Copy” to create your own Google Sheet.
- Follow instructions on the first tab.
- Add your journal entries on the second tab.