When You’re Ready for Change
Complete our Client Registration Form with all required fields. Or call us and we’ll take your information over the phone. We’ll also ask you some basic questions to match you with the best therapist for you and your situation. The questions include:
- What service are you interested in (Individual Therapy, Couples/Marriage Therapy, Family Therapy, or our support group)?
- What change do you want to make in therapy? What needs to be different in your life?
- What is your availability?
If using your health insurance . . .
- Complete our Client Registration Form with ALL required fields. Any missing information delays the process.
- We’ll contact your insurance company to verify your benefits and learn your co-pay amount. This process takes approximately 48 business hours.
- We contact you to schedule an appointment.
First Therapy Appointment
The first appointment is about getting to know each other. We want to know why you are coming to therapy and what you want to change. We’ll also inquire about what you have already done to make changes, what has been successful, and what hasn’t worked.
Additionally, our therapists need to know who you are in order to help you make the changes that you want to make. We’ll ask about who you are in the world. Some of our questions will be:
- Who is in your family?
- What do you do for work or school?
- Do you like your work/school?
- What do your friendships look like?
- Do you have an intimate relationship? If so, is it satisfying or a source of stress?
Therapy at The Ladipo Group takes the form of a conversation though it is much more than that. We create an environment where our clients feel comfortable talking about themselves and their lives. Our clients often report that we are “easy to talk to.”
We do much more than listen. Our philosophy is that change happens when you take action. We ask questions to understand you and what you need. We give feedback and recommendations about how to manage your challenges. Since therapy is usually one time per week we’ll give you things to do in between our therapy sessions to get you another step closer to the life that you want and deserve to live.
Research shows that therapy is most effective when the client and therapist like each other. You need to feel comfortable with your therapist, you need to like them, in order to make lasting changes through therapy. This 15-minute “meet and greet” appointment is a time for you to meet the therapist, ask questions about therapy, and most importantly determine if you feel comfortable with them.